What is AniMeals?
AniMeals is just one of the special services provided by Meals on Wheels of Johnson & Ellis Counties. Once a month, volunteers deliver donated dog and cat food to Meals on Wheels' recipients in their community.
Why AniMeals is Important?
- Prevents clients with limited resources from sharing their home-delivered meals with their pets
- Provides basic preventative vet care - vaccinations, spaying/neutering and flea treatment
- Enables individuals to keep their companion animals, providing a special quality to their lives
Why Pets are Important to the Elderly?
- A dog or cat is more than a pet; it can provide friendship, joy and a reason for living
- Studies show that animal ownership also lowers illness levels and mortality rates
- Most lack the resources to maintain companion pets, which may be their only “family” member
How Can I help?
- Deliver pet food in your community
- Make a financial contribution or donate dog and/or cat food to Meals on Wheels
- Partner with Meals on Wheels as a "pick-up" location for delivery, or a "drop-off" location for donated food
- Hold a pet food drive to benefit the program — an ideal project for your office, school, church group, or organization